Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
This scheme was started by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi in the year 2015. This scheme is only for girls. You can open a Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account in any registered bank or post office.
Eligibility Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- The account can be opened in the name of the girl child by the natural or legal guardian from the birth of the girl child till she attains the age of 10 years.
- The depositor can open and operate only one account in the name of a girl child under the scheme rules.
- The natural or legal guardian of a girl child may be allowed to open an account for only two girl children. Third account in the name of a girl child can be opened in case of twin girl childbirth as second birth or if a three girl child is born in first birth itself.
Must read :- What is Saral Pension Yojana ?
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Document
- Birth certificate of girl child
- Aadhar card of girl child if there is
- Aadhar card of either mother or father
How to Open Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account in Post Office?
To open a Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account in the post office, you have to go to the post office in your area. He is given you a Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account Form. In that form, you have to fill in the name, date of birth, address, etc. according to the birth certificate of the girl child. After filling the form, the form is signed by the natural or legal guardian.
Along with the form, the photocopy of the birth certificate of the girl child and the Aadhaar of the natural or legal guardian is submitted. If the parent’s account is already opened, then the parent’s Aadhaar will not be taken. After filling the form, your account is opened on the same day.
Now you have to deposit money in your Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account by deposit slip. Can be done after the account is opened. That is the first time from you minimum of 1000 Rs. To be deposited But after that you minimum INR. 250/- and maximum INR. One can deposit INR 1,50,000/- in a financial year.
The interest rate is 7.6% with an annualized rate (effective from 01-04-2020) calculated on an annual basis.
Minimum amount and maximum balance required to open an account
Minimum INR. 250/- and maximum INR. INR 1,50,000/- in a financial year
Main Features Post Office wise
- A legal guardian / natural guardian can open an account in the name of the girl child.
- A guardian can open only one account in the name of one girl child and maximum of two accounts in the name of two different girl children.
- The account can be opened only till the age of 10 years from the date of birth.
- If in the financial year minimum Rs.250/- Rs. If the deposit is not made, the account will be closed and can be revived with the minimum amount required to be deposited for that year with a penalty of Rs 50/- per annum.
- Money can be deposited in the account till the completion of fifteen years from the date of account opening.
- Partial withdrawal, subject to a maximum of 50% of the balance at the end of the preceding financial year, can be availed after the account holder attains the age of 18 years.
- The account can be closed on completion of 21 years.
- Normal premature closure will be allowed after the completion of 18 years on the occasion of marriage (1 month before and 3 months from the date of marriage).
- The facility of the online deposit is available through Intra Operable NetBanking and IPPB Savings Account.
- Post Office
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Benefits
Investment in Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY) scheme is exempted from income tax under section 80C.
To meet the financial requirements of the account holder for the purpose of higher education and marriage, the account holder can avail of the partial withdrawal facility after attaining the age of 18 years.
Minimum 250/ Rs. is deposited.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is a government scheme. That’s why they are more secure than any private plan.
The above information is only to inform you about the scheme. There are frequent changes in the application of the scheme. Therefore, before applying in any scheme, go to the department related to the scheme and get complete information about the scheme.