Before making a product, any businessman makes the name and logo of that product so that his brand is famous in the market and no other person can sell his product from this brand, but for this, his brand name and logo have to be registered from the official website. Is. However, to sell your product in the market, it is not necessary that you must have a trademark registration, you can sell your product in the market without a trademark, but the problem comes when someone else gets the trademark registration of your name done.
For example, like you started selling detergent powder, you have also put a name on it, but you did not get the trademark registration done, you thought let’s get it done later, now you have been doing business for a year or two, still, you did not think Trademark registration should be done, meanwhile, your brand name and logo have been registered under the trademark by any other detergent powder selling company, then that name and logo are now owned by it, that means you have worked hard in the market and have fun with someone else. is killing.
If still you do not understand about Trademark and you are also wondering what is a Trademark? After all, why is a trademark necessary for a business? So today we will tell you well about the Trademark Registration process in Hindi in this article, so let’s first know what is a trademark?
What is Trade Mark ?
When we go to buy a product in the market, we see the name and logo of that product, which company has made this product, this name or logo is called a trademark. A trademark is a brand or logo used by an entrepreneur to distinguish the product created by him from his competitors. Simply put, a trademark can be a brand name or logo for any business.
Usually, a name, logo, special mark, sentence, design or picture is made a trademark. All types of products that the company makes, all have a trademark. Trademark helps to identify any business, product.
Why Trade Mark Registration is necessary?
Now you must be thinking that why is it necessary to register a trademark, then friends, let me tell you that only by having a trademark on your product, people know which company this product belongs to. The customer buys the product only by looking at the trademark and by looking at the trademark, it is known that there is no importance in this product, so many times customers do not buy the product by looking at the trademark, because if the product is made by you has strength. If the customer will buy again and again and if the quality of the product is not right then the customer will reject after seeing the trademark.
Benefits of getting Trademark Registration done
By getting online trademark registration done, the entrepreneur and the customer can benefit in the following ways-
- A trademark helps to differentiate a product from a competitor’s.
- The trademark also helps the customer to assess the quality of the product.
- Registering a trademark creates a brand for the enterprise’s product.
- A trademark helps in attracting the attention of the customer by being good at the product made by the entrepreneur.
- By becoming a brand of the product of the entrepreneur, the customer starts using that product again and again, which increases the sales in the market.
- Through trademark registration, there is equal contact between the customer and the entrepreneur.
- By registering a trademark, if another entrepreneur sells products under your brand name, then the first entrepreneur can take legal action against the second.
- Trademark helps to identify the quality of goods and services.
- Having a trademark registration helps in getting the product advertised.
Read it Also – How to start T-Shirt Printing Business in India 2021
Who can apply for Trademark™ Registration?
Any entrepreneur or organization who wants to do business can get trademark registration done. While getting the trademark registration done by the entrepreneur, it is to be kept in mind that no other entrepreneur has used that logo, symbol, tagline, design etc. Any entrepreneur, organization, partnership company, sole proprietorship company can apply for the trademark.
What is the difference between ™ and ®?
Friends, many times you must have seen ™ written in many products and many products have ® written in them because it takes about one and a half to two years to complete the formalization of a trademark, so when an entrepreneur or organization apply for a trademark If it does, then within that one and a half to two years it can use the Enterprise or Organization ™ symbol. When the trademark registration process is complete, the entity or entity may use the ® mark. After the completion of the Trademark Registration Process, the Government of India issues a certificate in the name of the applicant, which is valid for 10 years, after 10 years the entrepreneur can get it renewed.
What is a Patent?
Friends, the idea that has come in your mind may come into someone else’s mind after a few days, but the idea will be considered as the one who gets it registered officially. This process of getting officially registered is called a patent. When a person first invents or manufactures a new product, then the person who invented or invented that product or item has a monopoly. After patenting the idea, if someone copies your idea, then it is a crime by law. You can take legal action against the person who copied that. The patent holder can sell his patent to any other entrepreneur or organization if he wants, the maximum limit for patenting a product or article is 20 years.
Documents Required for Trade Mark Registration
- Copy of the name, logo, design, brand that the entrepreneur wants to register
- Applicant’s full name, address, nationality, and copy of Incorporation Certificate
- Full description of the product or services.
- If the entrepreneur has already trademarked and is already in use, the date on which that trademark was put into use.
- Copy of Power of Attorney signed by the applicant
Trademark Registration Process
Trademark registration can be done in two ways first offline and second online. If the entrepreneur wants to get the trademark registration done offline, then the entrepreneur can go to the registrar of the trademark office and submit the application for the offline trademark.
First of all, the entrepreneur needs to do a trademark search that the name, logo, design, tagline that is going to be trademarked, whether some other entrepreneur has already registered that name, logo, design, tagline, etc. You can visit this website to do a trademark search. If the applicant wants to register for the trademark online, then first of all the applicant has to go to the official website ipindiaonline.gov.in , after that you can apply online.
After applying online, the application is checked whether any other entrepreneur has got it registered, whether anyone has any objection to this application, the Trademark Registrar also takes some time to check all these things.
If no objection is received, the registrar asks for an advertisement in the Trademark Journal.
If no objection is received by any person, entity, or entity within the next 4 months, then within the next 6 months the trademark registration of the entrepreneur’s logo or brand name is done, after which the enterprise can use the ™ mark on its product. The entire process of trademark registration takes one and a half to two years, after which the entrepreneur is given a trademark certificate, after which the entrepreneur can use the ® mark on his product, which has a validity of 10 years, after which the entrepreneur can get it renewed.
Trademark Registration and Renewal Fees
For getting a new trademark registration, the applicant has to fill the form according to himself, whose fees are different which are as follows-
- There are different types of forms for new trademark registration like TM-1, TM-2, TM-3, TM-8, TM-51, etc..
- Form TM-5 is filled for Opposition Raise by the Government of India, whose fee has been fixed at Rs 2500.
- To get the registered trademark renewed, Form TM-12 is filled, the fee for which has been fixed at Rs 5000.
- Registered Trademark has an expiry date, after that expiry date if an entrepreneur gets his trademark renewed then he needs to fill Form TM-10 whose prescribed fee is 3000 which has to be paid in the form of Surcharge.
- If a trademark is removed by an entrepreneur, then a fee of Rs 5000 has been fixed to get it registered again.
- If the entrepreneur wants to make any correction in the registered trademark then he has to fill Form TM-26 for which the prescribed fee is Rs.3000.
Trademark fees may vary on the official website, for more information, must visit the website of ipindia.gov.in once before registering for the trademark.
It means to say to friends that if you want to take your business to greater heights, then you must get the trademark registration done because it reflects your identity in the market. I hope you have understood well about the Trademark Registration Process in Hindi. If you want to keep getting such new information, then you must share this post with your friends and tell us by commenting on which other business you want to know. Thank you.